Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Book Talk: Eleanor & Park



















 
Eleanor & Park reminded me not just what it’s like to be young and in love with a girl, but also what it’s like to be young and in love with a book.”—John Green, The New York Times Book Review

Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell was a great read that I devoured in a day.  I was originally handed this book by one of my book-loving colleagues who was looking to talk about this story with someone.  I grabbed it before heading to the gym and I actually wanted to stay on the bike longer - just to keep on reading!

The story is about first love between two high school misfits, however the book explores much deeper themes then that.  While my high school experience was not as traumatic as Eleanor's I did experience my first love in High School and I think this book captures those feelings in an honest way.  There are so many good quotes that brought me right back to being 16, and all those wonderful hopeful feelings of first love, how you're so hopeful even though you realistically know the odds are stacked against you.

“Holding Eleanor's hand was like holding a butterfly. Or a heartbeat. Like holding something complete, and completely alive.” 

If you're looking for an honest book, that is well written that will absorb you, check out this book - definitely a wonderful read!

No comments:

Post a Comment