Monday, August 19, 2013

Not everything goes as planned

There I was, sitting on my couch in front of my sewing machine. I had washed and ironed my fabric and talked with my roommate about fabric combinations. I cut out the fabric for two pillows and pinned the first hem. 

I then started to sew. "Whir click click errrr..." Not the right noises at all. This happened a few more times before realizing that I was getting no where fast and becoming increasingly frustrated. 

Decided to call it quits for the night and then began to tackle it the next day. An hour or so later with my machine in pieces. I discovered some pieces of thread that were probably the stem of my problem and managed to clean them out with a combo of seam ripper and tweezers. Since this took another 2 hours I decided to end my evening with my machine in pieces. 



On the third day I managed to put my sewing machine back together (although it took a few tries) without any leftover screws! 

Needless to say, my pillow project is taking a lot longer then expected. All in all I've spent over 4 hours on this issue when I thought I would be sewing pillows. Hopefully I'll be back tomorrow, with my functioning sewing machine, and some finished pillow cases!

Anybody else went to tackle an easy project only to find out you had to repair something, delaying your project?

No comments:

Post a Comment